Last week I shared with you an easy way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I like to do a simple taco bar with all of the traditional fixins plus a few items that are a little bit more unique. One item that has been a continued hit is my simple 4 ingredient roasted corn and black beans.
The great thing about this recipe is you can treat it as a side dish, or you can add it to your tacos to give it some extra flavor. For my vegetarian friends, they can make a taco that has “meatiness” without the meat. As you can tell below, my preference is to add a couple of tablespoons to my tacos and garnish with more veggies. It gives me some extra protein (the black beans) without having to eat more red meat…because you know how much I try to avoid it (<—insert sarcasm here).
- 2 ears corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Garlic powder
- Roast the corn in a 400 degree over for 25-30 minutes.
- Slice the corn off the cob and mix with the black beans.
- Add garlic powder and cumin to taste.
- Let mixture sit 30 minutes for flavors to mingle.