Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. I like the colors, the flavors and definitely the costumes! This year there will be no dressing up for me as the day after Halloween we’re embarking on a new adventure and moving across the country. Again (more on that later). But just because I’m not dressing up doesn’t mean that I’m still not going to enjoy myself. I’m planning a small get-together with some of my friends and we’ve got sweets on the mind. That means I’m whipping up some Halloween Bark with M&Ms.
Last week I was at Walmart and noticed all the Halloween candy right as I walked in the door. In typical impulse buying fashion, I picked up a few variety bags with the GOOD candy (you know, the Snickers, Twix and M&Ms) with the intentions of giving out the candy on Halloween. After I got home, I realized I won’t be home on Halloween to pass it out. What the heck was I going to do with 300+ pieces of candy?!
Well, you all know I’m into this salty sweet thing right now. If I’m not combining bacon and Snickers, I’m putting M&Ms with pretzels. That’s when it hit me. Instead of eating all the candy myself, use the M&Ms to make a Halloween Bark and then make treat cups to give away at the party. Genius, right?
If you haven’t made a bark before, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. It’s ridiculously easy. You basically decide what you want to put in your bark (raisins, cranberries, pretzels, sprinkles, M&Ms…the combinations are endless) and lay it out on a cookie sheet. Then you melt some white chocolate and pour it over the cookie sheet and let it cool. Once it’s completely cool, you break it up into pieces and serve. Simple, but it makes you look like a rock star.
I also tested out a new punch recipe that uses diet 7up, orange Hawaiian punch and pineapple juice. It most definitely works.
What fun treats are you making for your Halloween #SpookyCelebration?
- 1-2 cups M&Ms (chop ½ of these)
- 1-2 cups pretzels, broken in small pieces
- 1 large pkg white chocolate chips or almond bark
- Sea salt (optional)
- parchment paper
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped M&Ms and pretzels evenly on the baking sheet. Add a few turns of sea salt (optional).
- Melt the white chocolate or almond bark over low heat. Once completely melted, pour slowly over the M&Ms and pretzels.
- Strategically place whole M&Ms on the white chocolate.
- Let this cool completely. Once cool, break into pieces and serve!
Check out these other spooky Halloween recipes!